iOS 16 introduced Live Activities as part of the new lock screen so users can initiate updates from an app in real time, such as food delivery, public transit, sporting events , etc.
Developer Parker Ortolani has created the watchOS 10 concept that imagines Live Activities, a redesigned Home screen, Rest Mode, Keychain app and more for the Apple Watch.
The watchOS 10 concept imagines a customizable home screen, new apps and more
watchOS 9 brings new watch faces, international roaming, low power mode, and improvements for compass, fitness, sleep, AFib, workout apps, and more. However, for some users, this might not be enough. Compared to iOS 16, the latest watchOS 9 update does not include major changes to the way users interact with their Apple Watches.
Ortolani’s watchOS 10 concept brings some cool features to Apple Watch that imagine a new way for users to interact with the smartwatch and some exclusive features for Apple Watch Ultra.
- Live activities on Apple Watch in three new interfaces:
- Siri watch face displays live activities in custom maps to show real-time updates throughout the day.
- Metal dials have an uncomplicated analog clock face and are available in green, hazelnut and blue finishes. The new faces change color with users’ movements and store live activities under the clock for users to easily access with a simple swipe.
- sports app, Built into the watch face, keeps users updated with real-time game scores and displays information about different teams and more at a glance.
- rest mode disables pit notifications and pauses activity tracking to give users a break to recover after an active workout or streak.
- Keychain app brings users’ passwords and two-factor authentication codes from their favorite websites and accounts to the Apple Watch so they can log in through their smartwatch.
- Customizable home screen allows users to organize apps according to their preferences in the home screen list view, add shortcuts and create folders.
The watchOS 10 concept for Apple Watch Ultra imagines additional features for outdoor activities and web browsing.
- Explore the app allows users to search for the best trails, cool spots, and more. It also includes a new interface that displays the user’s path on the map with the compass so that they can follow it in real time.
- Safari takes advantage of the larger screen of the Apple Watch Ultra to offer a new browsing experience. It allows users to surf the web, access their favorite sites and more right from their wrist.
In addition to the watchOS 10 concept, the latest features of iOS 16 and iPhone 14 Pro have inspired other innovative concepts, such as the Dynamic Island game for iPhone 14 Pro “Hit The Island” and Dynamic Island for iPad Pro.