Grab a ticket and some popcorn for our picks for the best games and sporting events in Houston in May 2022.
May brings lots of fun goodies to Minute Maid Park, the more Dynamo and Dash get into the groove of their seasons, UH baseball wraps up a strong year at home plate, the SaberCats aim for the playoffs, and much more is on the way. way to the stadiums around the city.
We’ve rounded up the main highlights of this month’s sports calendar, but you can read more about the 365 Houston schedule.
Top 12 games and sporting events this month: May 2022
- Houston Dash vs. San Diego Wave at PNC Stadium | Sunday May 1 – The Dash return to the field for their home opener of the NWSL regular season, taking on the league’s newest expansion franchise, San Diego Wave, which features American football legend Alex Morgan. $15 and up. 6 p.m.
- Houston Astros vs. Detroit Tigers at Minute Maid Park | From Thursday May 5 to Mother’s Day, Sunday May 8 – Former manager AJ Hinch returns to Houston for a four-weekend streak that includes freebies like a Jose Altuve 1970s rainbow jersey on Friday, an Altuve bobblehead on Saturday and an infinity scarf in the afternoon of mothers day. $15 and up. Hours vary.
- Ponies & Petals Cup: Mother’s Day at the Houston Polo Club | Mother’s Day, Sunday May 8 – Get ready for a special Mother’s Day game, complete with ladies’ best hat contest, door prizes, expert announcement, halftime champagne divot and music from live flamenco guitar. Individual court tickets are $32.50; $15.50 for ages 12 and under. Boxes for 2-20 guests range from $89-$895. 5 p.m.
- Houston SaberCats vs. Utah Warriors at Aveva Stadium | Saturday May 14 – In their penultimate home game of the season, the SaberCats are looking to make a strong playoff push against a struggling Utah team. $15 and up. 7 p.m.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Nashville SC at PNC Stadium | Saturday May 14 – Two Western Conference teams square off on the field at the PNC when Dynamo hosts Nashville SC in a Saturday night showdown. $10 and up. 7:30 p.m.
- College Baseball: Houston Cougars vs. Rice Owls at Schroeder Park | tuesday may 17 – After posting a solid winning record, the Coogs will host Rice in their final home game of the season, before wrapping up in North Carolina. $10 and up. 6:30 p.m.
- AEW dynamite & Carnage at the Fertitta Center | Wednesday May 18 – All Elite Wrestling is hosting a doubleheader event at the Fertitta Center on the University of Houston campus, featuring a roster of top-flight wrestling talent like CM Punk, Sting, Thunder Rosa and more. Remaining tickets start at $50, but you can find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6 p.m.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Seattle Sounders FC at PNC Stadium | Wednesday May 18 – With a third of the season down, the Dynamo will be looking to fend off a challenge in the Western Conference table from a strong Seattle team. $14 and up. 7:30 p.m.
- Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers at Minute Maid Park | From Thursday 19 May to Sunday 22 May – With the Rangers in town for the weekend, the ‘Stros are hosting several days of giveaways, including a Chewbacca cooler on Thursdays star wars Night, an Orbit jersey on Friday, a Yuli Gurriel bobblehead on Saturday, and a limited keychain on Sunday afternoon. $15 and up. Hours vary.
- Sugar Land Space Cowboys vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers at Constellation Field | From Friday 20 May to Sunday 22 May – This three-weekend series sees the Dodgers come to town with a special fireworks celebration on Friday, followed by Armed Forces Day – and a jersey giveaway – on Saturday. $8 and up. Hours vary.
- Run Houston! Clear Lake 5K & 10K at the University of Houston–Clear Lake | Sunday May 22 – Get your legs moving at the next Run Houston event! series, which sends runners on 5K and 10K courses from the UH–Clear Lake campus to Bay Area Boulevard and back. Starting at $40, children can also enroll in the 1K class. $60 and up. 8 a.m.
- Houston Dash vs. North Carolina Courage at PNC Stadium | Sunday May 29 – In only their second home game of the season, the Dash are returning from a road trip to face the Courage in an interconference matchup on Memorial Day weekend. $12 and up. 6 p.m.