Take a seat for these must-see games and sporting events around Houston from Monday, March 21 through Sunday, March 27, 2022.
This week, lace up your running shoes for a good cause and great views, bring the kids for a weekend baseball series, watch famous Mexican soccer clubs come to Houston, and don’t miss your chance to catch a bobblehead Jalen Green.
Want to know more about the sports happening around H-Town? Find more games and live sports throughout the month in the 365 Houston schedule.
Top 5 Sports Games and Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Rockets vs. Washington Wizards at Toyota Center | Monday March 21 – It’s Jalen Green Bobblehead Night for the first 3,000 lucky fans to walk through the doors when a Wizards team featuring Kristaps Porzingis comes to town. $8 and up. 7 p.m.
- Club America vs Tigres UANL at PNC Stadium | Wednesday March 23 – The Tour Águila returns to Houston when LigaMX clubs Tigres UANL and Club América face off at the PNC home ground in EaDo. $40 and up. 7:30 p.m.
- College Baseball: Houston Cougars vs. Western Carolina University at Schroeder Park | From Friday March 25 to Sunday March 27 – It’s Kids’ Weekend in this three-game series at the UH Baseball Field, where kids can also score a free replica jersey in Saturday’s game. $10 and more for adults; $5 or more for children under 12. Friday and Saturday 6:30 p.m.; Sunday 1 p.m.
- Run Houston! at Minute Maid Park | Saturday March 26 – The Run Houston Series arrives at Minute Maid Park downtown, where runners can compete in 5k, 10k and Kids K lengths. The course will lead to the Elysian Bridge and back to Minute Maid, offering great views of downtown along the way. Registration is $50 for 5K and 10K; $30 for children K. 8:30 a.m.
- Run for the Rose 5K & Family K at the University of Houston | Sunday March 27 – This 19th annual charity run raises funds for brain cancer research in the name of Dr. Marnie Rose, who lost her life to the disease in 2002. Participants will follow a walk, 1K or 5K meandering route through part of the University of Houston campus. Early bird registration (before March 24) is $30 for ages 13 and up ($35 for timed 5K); $8 for ages 3 to 12 ($12 for a timed 5K). 8 a.m.