Swing for the fences and grab a seat (or watch from home) at these games and sporting events taking place in Houston in November 2021.
This month sees the return of an annual Thanksgiving tradition to the Galleria area, along with a list of exciting games to open the college basketball season, as well as to close the college football and volleyball seasons. -ball.
Elsewhere, the PGA Tour returns to Memorial Park, an annual bike ride will take you back and forth between Hermann Park and the Port of Houston, and the Rockets will host NBA superstars on the ride.
We’ve rounded up the main highlights from this month’s sports schedule, but you can find more on the 365 Houston calendar.
Top 15 Games and Sporting Events This Month: November 2021
Week of November 1 to 7, 2021
- Cactus Jack Foundation Fall Classic at Minute Maid Park | Thursday, November 4 – Travis Scott, from H-Town, heads to the mound ahead of his star-studded Astroworld festival this weekend. Take a seat to witness this celebrity-filled event with a home run derby followed by a softball game on the Minute Maid field. Tickets range from $ 25 to $ 200. Doors at 11 a.m., the home run derby starts at 1 p.m.
- College Volleyball: Rice Owls vs. UTSA at Tudor Fieldhouse | Friday 5 and Saturday 6 November – Rice University’s nationally ranked women’s volleyball team has back-to-back action nights against UTSA before potentially having a chance at the Conference USA Championship in Norfolk, Va., Later this this month. Tickets range from $ 7 to $ 10. Friday 6 p.m. Saturday 2 p.m.
- Art Car IPA 5K at the Saint Arnold brewery | Sunday November 7 – Every year, Saint A brings together his love for beer and running with his Art Car IPA 5K, which starts at the Brewery and runs through East Downtown before ending at the Brewery for a party drink. Registration is $ 55 and includes admission to 5K and post-race party, commemorative Art Car IPA 5K pint glass, technical race shirt, three tasty beers, chip timing, bib race commemorative and an official 2021 Art Car IPA 5K Finisher medal. Those who just want to cheer can register for $ 25 for beer and passes. 8:30 am.
Week from 8 to 14 November 2021
- College Basketball: Houston Cougars vs. Howard Bison at Fertitta Center | Tuesday, November 9 – The University of Houston women’s basketball team opens its season with a game against historic Howard University. Tickets range from $ 10 to $ 25; youth tickets from $ 5 to $ 10. 3 p.m.
- Houston Open at Memorial Park Golf Course | Thursday November 11 to Sunday November 14 – The PGA Tour returns to Memorial Park Golf Course for the first time since 1963. Follow your favorite player or group along the course, or choose a location to see each player play a round of golf. The championship round will be played on Sunday with a trophy event to follow. Tickets range from $ 45 to $ 55 depending on the day. Events start at 7 a.m. each day.
- 7th Annual Park to Port Bike Ride near Hermann Park | saturday 13 november – Get on your bike for a scenic ride from Hermann Park to the Port of Houston and vice versa. All skill levels are welcome on this relaxed bike ride, which ends with a party after the ride at Bill Coats Bridge. Registration is $ 35. 7:30 am.
- Women’s Polo Championship at the Houston Polo Club | Sunday November 14 – Watch two teams of the best female polo players compete in a world-class match to close the polo season in Houston. Enjoy raffles, music, a parade of players, expert announcements, a half-time champagne kick and a special post-match trophy presentation. Tickets cost $ 32.50, $ 15.50 for ages 12 and under. Grandstand seating, which can accommodate 2 to 20 guests, ranges from $ 79 to $ 695. 1:30 p.m.
- Houston Rockets vs. Phoenix Suns at Toyota Center | Sunday November 14 – Chris Paul, Devin Booker and the Phoenix Suns visit the Rockets after wrapping up their season last July, just two wins from an NBA championship. Tickets range from $ 15 to over $ 800, but you can find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6 p.m.
Week of November 15 to 21, 2021
Week from 22 to 28 November 2021
- Houston Rockets vs. Chicago Bulls at Toyota Center | wednesday 24 november – The new-looking (and scorching) Bulls led by Zach LaVine and DeMar DeRozan stop the night before Thanksgiving for an East-West showdown. Tickets range from $ 25 to over $ 800, but you can find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7 p.m.
- BakerRipley Houston Turkey Trotting at the Waterwall | Thursday 25 November – The annual Thanksgiving tradition returns to an in-person event in the Galleria area this year, sending hundreds of runners from the Waterwall, through Uptown and Tanglewood, and ending just north of Westheimer Road. Registration is $ 30 for an untimed 5K, $ 35 for an untimed 10K, $ 15 for the Kid’s Run. 7:30 am.
- Houston Rockets vs. Charlotte Hornets at Toyota Center | saturday 27 november –LaMelo Ball leads the Charlotte Hornets to Houston for a conference clash over Thanksgiving weekend. Tickets range from $ 25 to over $ 800, but you can find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7 p.m.
- Houston Texans vs New York Jets at NRG Stadium | Sunday November 28 – Houston hosts the Jets in the first of three straight home games as the season heads to the home stretch. Tickets range from $ 30 to over $ 240, but you can find a better, cheaper or difficult to obtain seat using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Noon.