NCAA.com, operated by Turner Sports, introduced a completely redesigned NCAA Sports app brought to you by Buick that provides fans with a more personalized viewing experience, enhanced navigation features and broader social integration. The app for iPhone and iPod touch has been completely redesigned for iOS 7 and is available now on the App Store or as a free update for existing users. Additionally, for the first time, the app is available for Android smartphones via Google Play and features exclusive live video for over 65 NCAA championships, as well as comprehensive regular season coverage, including live scores. direct and personalized alerts.
Arriving in time for the NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Championship, the app will include real-time scores, lineup information and highlights throughout the championship. Turner Sports and CBS Sports will provide live coverage of all 67 championship games, including the Final Four on Saturday, April 5, airing exclusively on TBS for the first time and the National Championship on Monday, April 7, airing on CBS.
NCAA Sports app features include:
- Exclusive Live video coverage – direct access to over 350 live events from over 65 NCAA championships;
- Scores and timetables – available for football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball, men’s and women’s lacrosse, men’s and women’s soccer, men’s and women’s volleyball, and field hockey; In addition to the NCAA Sports app, NCAA.com – redesigned earlier this year on all devices – offers daily content offerings that include editorial coverage, real-time game highlights, scores and schedules, leaderboards, rankings and an NCAA championship hub for coverage of all 89 NCAA championships.
- Custom Rating Alerts – upset alerts and favorite school alerts for FBS and FCS football and men’s basketball (Division I);
- Team Hubs – real-time information on each school with the latest results, news and social media content in one destination;
- NCAA Top 100 – a track of the school registering the most popularity within the application.
“We’ve redesigned the NCAA Sports app with a fan-centric approach, providing direct access to live video and a more personalized experience with deeper levels of engagement,” said Mark Johnson, vice president, business operations, Turner Sports and NCAA Digital. “The NCAA Sports app is a great resource for fans who want to watch the NCAA Championships live and stay up to date with all the latest information from their favorite schools.”
In addition to the NCAA Sports app, NCAA.com – redesigned earlier this year on all devices – offers daily content offerings that include editorial coverage, real-time game highlights, scores and schedules, leaderboards, rankings and an NCAA championship hub for coverage of all 89 NCAA championships.